Once you connect your Instagram, Socialphotos will fetch your posts, tagged + mentioned photos, and any hashtags you are tracking. You then add these photos into galleries and display them throughout your store as social proof. We will notify you when there are new photos so you won't miss any valuable content.
Instagram Posts are photos that you posted to Instagram yourself. Socialphotos automatically keeps it in sync for you.
Mentioned Photos are photos when users use your @handle in their captions or comments. This is NOT the same as tagged photos, see above. Socialphotos automatically keeps it in sync for you.
- We cannot fetch any past photos for mentioned photos. We can only fetch mentioned photos from the moment you connect your Instagram with Socialphotos. This is a limitation set by Instagram.
Here are some of the common issues.
Sometimes your Instagram account can get disconnected. While you are disconnected, we cannot fetch any Instagram photos for you. Here are some of the reasons as to why this can happen:
- You changed your password
- Instagram detect suspicious activity on your account
- You have not used the site for a while and Instagram logs you out
- You change your Facebook page or other information
- ...and many more
The fix is to go to your Instagram Settings page via Settings → Instagram and re-connect.
Cannot Track Certain Hashtags
This can happen for the following reasons:
- Your hashtags may be deemed inappropriate or have adult content.
- Your hashtags may not exist yet.