Once you connect your Instagram, Socialphotos will fetch your tagged photos, your posts, and any hashtags you wish to track. You can then add these photos into galleries for display. We notify you when there are new photos to help you curate them
Posts and tagged photos
When you first connect, we will fetch all your posts and tagged photos. You can then add these photos into galleries or start tagging them with products for display.
Photos that is already added to a gallery or tagged with a product has the blue ★ on them. It also tells you what galleries or products they are in. We periodically fetch new posts and tagged photos, but if you want something immediate, the refresh button will fetch your latest photos.
Socialphotos also track hastags and fetches those photos periodically.
The main hashtags page shows the photos for all hashtags that you are tracking. Similar to your posts and tagged photos, we show your which photos are already added with a blue ★ and what galleries or products they are in.
- You can add more hashtags to track by clicking on the Add button.
- You can look at specific #hashtag by clicking from the list of hashtags shown.
- The new indicates that there are new photos for that hashtag since you last visit it.
Instagram has major limitations on fetching hashtag photos. For this reason, we recommend that you asks your customers to either upload their photos directly or tag you on Instagram. Limitations include:
- Hashtag photos do not contain usernames on them
- Can only fetch photos from the last 24 hours. We do periodically fetch the latest photos for you but if you are tracking a popular hashtag, this may not be enough. If this is the case, please reach out.
- Can only track a maximum of 30 hashtags at a time.
Here are some of the common issues we have seen. While this can be a nuisance, Instagram does this to protect you.
Sometimes your Instagram account can be disconnected. Here are some of the reasons as to why this can happen:
- You change your password
- Instagram detect suspicious activity on your account
- You have not used the site for a while and Instagram logs you out
- You change your Facebook page or other information
- ...and many more
The simplest solution is to reconnect via the Instagram Settings under Account → Settings.
Cannot Track Certain Hashtags
This can happen for the following reasons:
- Your hashtags may be deemed inappropriate or have adult content
- Your hashtags may not exist yet
In any case, we are here to support you so please reach out if ran into any issues.
When your customers delete their photos on Instagram, there will be a NOT FOUND image in its place. However, if you did add this photo to your gallery, missing images will be automatically removed so you will never see the NOT FOUND image on your site.
Your customers cannot delete their own photos after they submitted it directly on your site. Only you can do that.